A free trial is a great way to attract new customers. It gives them an incentive to test drive the product before purchasing, while offering an ease into something they may not have considered a need for previously. Simply put, a free trial can offer a push for our clients to ultimately purchase the product we are offering.
Did you know you can offer a free trial to your packages within your JigsawBox account?
You can! And today I am going to show you exactly how to achieve this and get that push you may need as well!
- First step is to create a package:
* Click My Packages
* Then click Add Package
* Add the title of the package
* Then the description
- Trial Length
* Scroll to the box labeled Trial Length (in days). This is where you will add the time frame of the trial. For example, if you enter 14, PayPal will be updated with that trial length and show the payment to be charged automatically on the 15th day, unless the client chooses to cancel before that time period.
- And your final step:
*Move down to the “package modules” area at the bottom right and click each one to select how many days your modules will become available to the viewing client. For example, if you want 2 of your modules to be available during the trial period, you would set those to be 0. And the rest would then be set to day 14.
Now that we have the process of a free trial reviewed, we must not forget the tips…
- If a client decides not to move forward with their purchase, it’s important to remember that you must deactivate that client from the package under the My Clients tab. By deactivating, they will no longer have access to the new content to be released on day 14 but will still have access to the modules you made available during the trial period.
- Be selective as to what you are giving during the free trial period. The trial is meant as a ‘sneak peek’ to your product.
Offering a free trial within your JigsawBox is a great way to entice those clients who would otherwise skip over you product. And for a very simple reason, they do not have a clear understanding of what you are offering. By clearing up that concern and giving them a great way to view some of your content they would be more apt to purchase thus becoming a paying customer!
Have you utilized a free trial, and if so, how did that show in relation to those move who over to purchasing?